Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: De-Frizzing hair

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For those of you who have conditioned frizzy hair, just how successful are you? Is it possible to have it looking 'as good as new' when you are finished? Or does it simply look better, but never the same? There is a Felicity doll that is the older one I am hunting, but the ends are frizzy...the rest appears to be in great shape. I am trying to decide if she is worth the risk and I should try to acquire her or I should pass. What are the odds she can be 'defrizzed' successfully? I hate making these decisions [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Bonnie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bonnie, you really need to check out Joy's album on doll restoration. She has done some great things with hair re-conditioning and this album shows us how!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I defrizzed my '91 Felicity. Her hair got A LOT better, but not perfect like a brand new doll. But it's still beautiful and I'd rather have her than a new one. My guess is that it will be very hard to find an early Felicity with mint condition hair.

  4. #4
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I recently conditioned all of my daughter's dolls hair, and packed them away. Her Molly, Kirsten, Josie, and Sam look mint now, and their hair turned out gorgeous...even if I do say so myself!

    Her Felicity's hair is much better than it was, but it did not turn out as well as the others. the ends are still somewhat frizzy.

    I used Biolage condtioning balm....it worked so well. I was amazed at how Molly and Kirsten turned out. I let Felicity soak in it over night, but those ends are still not how I would like them. I have noticed this on most of the older Felicity's.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The steaming stage does amazing wonders. I still get amazed every time that I do it.
    Joy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •